Hope Happenings: Summertime Activities and Honors for Our Children and Youth
It has been a busy and exciting summer for many of the children and youth here at Hope United Church of Christ. Here are some of the activities and honors that they have experienced over these last few months:
- Aaron Butikofer – played catcher for the Washington Warriors sophomore baseball team, ran an 8K race (for run), and had his first “real” job working the floor at Victory Sports Center, which is based on the TV show, American Ninja Warrior.
- Andrew Butikofer – played 11U baseball with the Jr. Warriors and at the state tournament his team placed third in their bracket and eleventh overall; he rode Day One of RAGRBAI, competing the 60 mile ride; and his summer job was watering a neighbor’s trees and plants.
- Brady Lane – played for the Linn Marion Lions 14U baseball team and they went to state; he had his first “over the fence” home run this year.
- Natalie Lane – played for the Linn Mar Lions 11U softball team and they placed fourth at the state tournament; she also did a Hip Hop dance recital with Dancer’s Edge.
- Will and James Urbanowski – went to Kentucky for the Urbanowski vacation, where they both tried to water ski and Will made it up on the skis; there was a family wedding and their welcomed a new cousin; Will went on a high adventure trip – canoeing in Wisconsin that involved loading up everything they needed for five days and went 50 miles on the river, stopping to cook and sleep on the sand bars (“It was awesome!”); they enjoyed a vacation to Washington DC and also enjoyed the Haskovec vacation.
- Kate Walker – played softball and the team won the state tournament in their division.
- Jacey Walker – participated in her dance’s studio’s recital (which was exciting because last year’s recital was cancelled due to the pandemic).
There were many other exciting opportunities for our children and youth, and some were honored for their efforts. These were the ones that were shared with me. Congratulations to all of our children and youth as they experience life’s goodness through their adventures this summer.