Mission Projects You Can Do That Can Make a Difference This Week
Mission and ministry opportunities are happening right now even if we are not meeting in our building. Here’s how we can still be proactive in making a difference in our community:
- As the weather continues to be spring-like, spread positive messages through sidewalk and driveway messages by having a family chalk-walk. Perhaps you can invite your neighbors as well and then safely have a “art show” by strolling through your neighborhood. Know a neighbor or family member who is not getting out at all in order to stay well and safe? Chalk their walk or driveway to let them know you are thinking of them.
- If you can, donate blood. Blood is needed for these incidents everyday: cancer patients, GI bleeds, trauma, obstetrics, burns and emergency surgeries.
- Donate non-perishable food items to First Congregational United Church of Christ Blessing Box Food Pantry. Located at 316 17th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, this mini food pantry offers the community a way to get items such as: macaroni and cheese, canned vegetables and fruits, tuna, peanut butter, jelly, and other small items that can fit onto their shelves in this outdoor pantry.
- Do you have flowering bushes or trees in your yard? Snip a few small branches and place them in a container then drop them off at a neighbor’s, a friends, or a stranger’s home on their porch or by their garage.
- Call your local animal shelter to see if there are supplies they need: food, paper towels, toys – that you might be able to provide.
We are the church, gathered and scattered. Make a difference in someone’s life and in this community today!