Projects You Can Do That Can Make a Difference This Week
Mission and ministry opportunities are happening right now even if we are not meeting in our building. Here’s how we can still be proactive in making a difference in our community:
- Consider participating in the virtual Especially for You Race on October 4. Nancy Lehman (firstname.lastname@example.org) is once again forming a team for Hope United Church of Christ. You can contact her to find out more information or to join the team.
By participating in the Especially for You Race Against Breast Cancer, one is helping to support free mammograms, as well as breast-care and gynecological services, for area individuals in need through the Especially for You Fund.
- Mark your calendar for our blood drive on Monday, August 17, from 3:00 – 6:30 p.m. Mississippi Valley Blood Center is bringing their air-conditioned mobile unit to our parking lot for the afternoon. Protocols will be in place to make this a safe way to give blood for those who are in need of this life-saving gift. Watch for more details.
- Thrivent Community-Mississippi Valley is partnering with the Cedar Rapids/Marion chapter of Sleep in Heavenly Peace to provide beds for our local children without beds. This is a great opportunity to safely serve our local community during a challenging time, and we are asking for your help in spreading the word that we are collecting new twin bedding to accompany each bed to be constructed and delivered by volunteers. Please call 319-366-2991 if you have any questions.
- Olivet Neighborhood Mission is in need of various toiletry items including the following:
- Deodorant (for men & women)
- Adult toothbrushes
- Shower gel
- Hygiene products for women
Drop off these items to the church office and we will make sure that Cathy Evers, Parish Nurse at Olivet Neighborhood Mission gets them.
We are the church, gathered and scattered. Make a difference in someone’s life and in this community today!