Projects You Can Do That Can Make a Difference This Week
Mission and ministry opportunities are happening right now even if we are not meeting in our building. Here’s how we can still be proactive in making a difference in our community:
- Our next Family Promise Week will be from Sunday, August 2 – Sunday, August 9. At this time it is unclear as to whether we will be housing the family here at our building. No matter what those arrangements might be, we will be providing meal for the family. If you can volunteer, please contact our Family Promise Coordinator, Cathy Evers, 431-5798 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a donation of items to Waypoint. Since 1894, Waypoint has devotedly worked to improve the lives of those in need. Beginning with its birth as the Cedar Rapids chapter of the Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA), Waypoint has specialized in empowering area women to improve their lives. Throughout its evolution, Waypoint has remained dedicated to moving people forward through proactive services and resources including our Homeless & Housing Services, Domestic Violence Victim Services, and high quality, affordable child care. A list of items they are in need of can be found here:https://www.waypointservices.org/get-involved/donate/list-needs/
- In the past, we would be receiving funds for our annual Christmas in July project that allows us to collect funds now in order to use them in late November and early December for a family (or two) in need during the holiday season. Why not decorate a box with holiday paper and place some money throughout these next two weeks into it. Bring your Christmas in July offering when we gather together in August.
- Send a note of thanks to the following people who work on behalf of this congregation:
- Regan Bloomquist, office staff person 4820 Millbrook Ct. NE, CR, 52411
- Mitch Bloomquist, Facebook Live video same as above
- Mindy Hatcher, organist 998 Eastview Avenue, Marion, 52302
- Cindi Ohrt, treasurer 1525 Bilgarie Ct NE, CR, 52402
- Troy Schuller, custodian 3100 8th Street, #1, Marion, 52302
- Deb Strunk, financial secretary 2915 Somerbrook Lane, Marion, 52302
We are the church, gathered and scattered. Make a difference in someone’s life and in this community today!